Dr Dental, Risk factors That May Increase Your Risk of Tooth Decay
According to dental research done, it has found out that certain factors can affect your risk of tooth decay.
These factors include:
* The current number of decayed or filled teeth
* Your fluoride exposure, including fluoride in drinking water, toothpaste and rinses, and fluoride treatments in the dental office
* Parents or siblings with dental decay
* How well you take care of your teeth
* The amount of saliva and the balance of minerals, enzymes and buffering agents it contains How often and what types of foods you eat (especially fermentable carbohydrates) Ask your dentist about the best ways to reduce your risks and limit dental decay.